Rivian Stock Price: EV-Maker Rivian’s IPO Is Another Reason To Own Amazon Stock
Rivian Automotive, headed by 36-year-old Robert Scaringe, is gaining ground on high-profile electric manufacturer Tesla Inc. The secretively manufacturer of luxury electric utility vehicles and pickup trucks has yet to make the sale outside of auto circles. Scaringe, on the other hand, has received significant financing from some of the most recognizable names in business: $700 million from Amazon.com Inc. and $500 million from Ford Motor Co.
According to rumors, the Rivian automotive stock confidentially registered for an initial public offering (IPO) on August 27, valuing the electric car producer at approximately $80 billion. According to Bloomberg, the Rivian stock IPO date may take place as soon as mid-November.
The world’s richest businessman, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, visited Rivian’s Plymouth, Michigan office and was extremely pleased when he met with Scaringe, who started the firm in 2009 after obtaining a Ph.D. from MIT, according to The New York Times. Amazon stated on September 19th, 2019, it would purchase 100,000 Rivian autos for its cargo delivery service as part of the industry’s “Climate Pledge.”
Vehicles and trucks are among the most profitable ones of the consumer auto sector, and Rivian’s vehicles promise an increase in durability as well as range per battery charge.
According to Barron’s, Ford intends to invest $11 billion on electric vehicle development over the next years, which is more than 1.4 times its entire capital expenditure for 2018.
Moreover, the company has registered to be listed on the Nasdaq under the Rivian stock symbol “RIVN,” with Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, and JPMorgan named as the lead underwriters among the 22 banks engaged in the offering.
In this article, we will answer your questions about Rivian Stock price today. Please note that this article does not contain investment advice.
Rivian Stock Price Forecast — 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2030
The Rivian Automotive Inc Stock finished at $100.73, up around 30% from its original public offering price.
Having said that, Rivian Automotive Inc is now the second most valuable carmaker in the United States, coming before only Tesla Inc., which is worth more over $1 trillion. Rivian Automotive Inc outperformed General Motors Co., which also is valued at over $86 billion, Ford Motor Co., that is rated at over $77 billion, and Lucid Group, which again is valued at over than $65 billion regardless of the fact that the business has just recently began selling vehicles and has no income to disclose.
RIVN Stock price was significantly higher than Tesla’s when the electric vehicle maker launched its first public offering at a valuation of $1.7 billion.
Despite the fact that the SpaceX creator noted the challenges that Rivian Automotive Inc would experience, the Amazon-backed electric car maker plans to increase production to 150,000 vehicles per year by late 2023, up from a few hundred so far, according to Fortune.
However, other analysts feel that in order to justify present RIVN Stock price, it will have to increase output to ridiculous levels, based on Rivian Stock Price Forecast 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2030.
What Is Rivian Automotive Inc
Rivian Automotive Inc is an electric car manufacturer, which founded in 2009. Rivian Automotive Inc is headquartered in California and has a manufacturing facility in Illinois.
As per Investopedia, Rivian Automotive Inc was founded by Robert Scaringe and competes with the well-known electric manufacturer Tesla. On August 27, the company filed for a secret initial public offering, that valued the electric car manufacturer at over $80 billion.
Furthermore, the freshly announced Tesla rival offers two vehicle variants to customers: the R1S SUV and the R1T pickup truck. The R1S shares the outward appearance of the Range Rover and rivals with Tesla’s Model X. The R1T, on the other hand, has a shorter flatbed than Ford’s best-selling pickup truck, the Ford 150.
As per InsideEVs.com, the Rivian R1S will offer around 240 and 410 miles of driving range between charges, based on the battery pack used, which would be significantly greater than the Tesla Model X, that only travels 237 to 295 miles. This simply implies that the R1S SUV may pose the greatest challenge to Tesla.
According to Rivian Automotive Inc’s website, the R1S and R1T will begin at $70,000 and go up to $90,000 for fully equipped models. Furthermore, the electric vehicle maker states that it has tens of thousands of bookings with a $1,000 deposit each vehicle.
On the other side, the Economic Times said that Amazon Inc., which is headed by Jeff Bezos, is RIVN Stock’s largest shareholder. The technological and online retailing giant controls 20% of the firm.
- Rivian Automotive Inc’s adventure begins with the delivery of 156 pickup trucks, practically all of which are for its employees. Despite the fact that the Rivian Automotive Inc Stock’s valuation temporarily reached $100 billion when the IPO was published on Wednesday, Rivian Automotive Inc has only just completed its first round of orders.
- The next BIG purchase is for digital giant Amazon, who will receive 100,000 delivery vehicles by 2025.
- However, the excitement surrounding Rivian Automotive Inc cannot be justified by its early orders. Nevertheless, increased fuel prices have recently led to an increase in interest in EVs. Second, Rivian Automotive Inc is supported by major corporations such as Amazon and Ford, who own 20% and 12% of the company, respectively. Amazon stated a $700 million funding round in Rivian Automotive Inc Stock in February 2019.
- Rivian Automotive Inc’s change in focus to pick up vehicles that look all American and have reduced fuel costs is a significant attraction.
- In addition, the Biden Administration seeks to transition as quickly as possible away from a fossil-fuel-based market in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and conform to the Paris Climate Agreement. Rivian Automotive Inc just emerged on the scene at the appropriate time with the perfect product to bring everyone together.
Is Rivian automotive publicly traded?
Rivian automotive stock, an electric vehicle manufacturer that began deliveries of its R1T pickup truck in September, has filed to become a listed corporation under the Rivian stock symbol “RIVN,” in the United States.
The S-1 paperwork in order with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday does not specify terms for the deal.
The report depicts a corporation burning through money as it embarks on the massive task of designing, developing, manufacturing, and marketing electric vehicles. The S-1, a document in which corporations report financial data, risks, and possibilities, also includes information about the company’s growth, connection with Amazon, and expenditure plans.
For 2019, Rivian company, which has the Rivian automotive stock, reported a net loss of $426 million. Those losses more than quadrupled to $1 billion as the corporation planned to begin production of its R1T pickup truck and R1S SUV in Normal, Illinois, and increased its staff.
What to know about Rivian automotive stock:
- Rivian Automotive stock, a California-based electric car manufacturer, has filed papers with the Securities and Exchange Commission to become a publicly traded corporation on a secret basis.
- The official Rivian stock price today has not been made public, in other words, Rivian stock IPO date has not yet come. A report about Rivian stock price and Rivian stock IPO date in August estimated the company’s value at approximately $80 billion, which is higher than the market cap of industry heavyweight General Motors.
- Rivian Automotive stock, on the other hand, is not aiming after GM or even Ford Motors. Instead, it is focusing on rising the Rivian stock price like electric car giant Tesla, Inc (TSLA), whose price has risen from over $75 billion at the end of 2019 to nearly $730 billion now.
How do I buy pre-IPO stock?
Brokers and financial experts frequently participate in pre-IPO trading. They may have purchased stocks that they are eager to sell, or they may promote sellers looking for buyers. You can inquire with your existing broker regarding pre-IPO stocks, or you can work with a broker who specializes in pre-IPO sales.
Does Rivian have an IPO?
According to sources familiar with the case, RIVN (Rivian stock symbol), the Amazon.com-backed electric car company that filed for a stock market debut late month, is hoping to raise around $5 billion and $8 billion with the listing, making it one of the largest U.S. initial public offerings in latest years.
How do I buy Rivian pre-IPO stock?
To take part in the RIVN (Rivian stock symbol) IPO you must have an IPO investing platform such as Freedom Finance (NASDAQ: FRHC), TD Ameritrade, or Fidelity. Clients can find IPOs and secondary offerings using the existing brokerage account. When Rivian stock IPO date comes, and RIVN (Rivian stock symbol) becomes public, you can also check the Rivian stock price and buy the stock using a commission-free trading platform like eToro or Webull.
Do you actually own the stock on Robinhood?
Yes, as soon as your order is processed, you now own stock bought through Robinhood. Robinhood does not participate in contract for difference (CFD) trading, and the trades you do via Robinhood are obviously broker-dealer in nature.
What is the ticker symbol for Rivian?
We can’t see the Rivian stock price today as it hasn’t gone public yet. But we know that the Rivian stock ticker will be “RIVN”. We will also know the Rivian stock price soon, as it is said to be listed on the markets very soon.
Does Ford own Rivian?
Rivian Automotive revealed a private IPO filing last week. Also, the business secured a $2.5 billion fundraising round spearheaded by Amazon, Ford Motor, and T. Rowe Price last month.
Ford owns an unknown percentage in RIVN (Rivian stock ticker) and invested $500 million in the corporation in April 2019.
Is Rivian listed on the stock market?
RIVN (Rivian stock ticker), which is an electric vehicle startup that began deliveries of its R1T pickup truck in last month (September), has filed to become a publicly listed corporation in the United States.
According to Rivian stock Robinhood, there will be a listing under the name of RIVN, which is the Rivian stock ticker, and people will be able to start investing in this stock. It will also be possible to follow the Rivian share price up to date everywhere.
Can I buy Rivian stock on Robinhood?
After the stock’s public offering, investments can also be made through Rivian stock Robinhood. In addition to the investment, those who wish will be able to view the Rivian share price live.
Rivian Stock Price Today
67.56 USD+4.13 today
Rivian Stock Price Forecast
- The RIVN Stock price for next 24 hours is expected to trade between $115 and $134, based on Rivian Stock Price Forecast
- The general advice for Rivian Stock is a ‘Buy’.
- Also, some Rivian Stock Price Forecast experts claimed that they would not buy Rivian Stock at current levels (Rivian Automotive Inc Stock).
- All investors hope Rivian Automotive Inc will be the next Tesla. However, as of now, the firm’s balance sheet shows nothing, with merely sample pieces supplied to staff.
- Industries in the United States are dealing with labor shortages and pay concerns. These problems will certainly appear when Rivian Automotive Inc begins mass-producing automobiles. It’ll be fascinating to see how Rivian Automotive Inc handles these concerns.
- Furthermore, the largest EV market is in China, and Rivian has yet to establish a production system outside the United States. The Chinese government’s attitude to Rivian’s development will have a significant influence on the Rivian Stock Price Forecast
- One other cloud is forming on Rivian Automotive Inc’s Laura Schwab, the firm’s previous Vice President of Sales and Marketing, is appealing, claiming that she was unlawfully fired after complaining about poisonous “bro culture” in the workplace. She also cautioned that the firm’s production objectives were “unachievable.”
- Rivian Automotive Inc has yet to deal with labor unions and various environmentalists as it expands into new cities. This will provide a challenge to the company’s business.